Unless otherwise noted, all information on Associated Credit Services Inc (ACS) (“Associated Credit Services Inc (ACS)”) Web Sites is copyright © 2013 by Associated Credit Services Inc (ACS).
In general, you may browse through our site without providing us any information about yourself. However, we may request Personal Information on occasion in order to provide you with specific services or information that you have requested. This Privacy Statement Policy serves to inform you of the purposes for which Associated Credit Services Inc (ACS) collects and uses such information and how to contact Associated Credit Services Inc (ACS) with any inquiries or complaints. Associated Credit Services Inc (ACS) will not disclose Personal Information to third parties, other than its wholly owned subsidiaries, contractors, vendors, credit reporting agencies, creditors, or to transfer ownership of Associated Credit Services Inc (ACS) during any merger, acquisition, or sale (in such event personal information will be held to the same confidentiality obligations), which are subject to this same Privacy Statement.
What Data We Collect & How We Use It
Associated Credit Services Inc (ACS) generally collects information for the following purposes:
- To engage in transactions and communications. Name, address, email, purchase details, and credit card/payment information may be collected and stored as a necessary part of an online transaction and its attendant history. Associated Credit Services Inc (ACS) may need to share some of this information (address, etc.) with fulfillment houses, credit card clearing houses, and other similarly situated third parties as a requirement to complete a transaction.
- To provide service. Contact and other information related to services may be collected to assist needs and consumer support for Associated Credit Services Inc (ACS).
- To respond to user inquiries and requests for information and validation of debt (VOD).
- To authenticate your identity.
- To comply with applicable law and law enforcement authorities.
Associated Credit Services Inc (ACS) does not disclose your Personal Information to third parties except vendors specifically contracted to provide aid in delivering our products and services to our clients.
Associated Credit Services Inc (ACS) will take reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Associated Credit Services Inc (ACS) will not process your Personal Information in a way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by you. To the extent necessary for those purposes, Associated Credit Services Inc (ACS) will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is relevant for its intended use, accurate, complete and current.
Transfer to Third Parties
Security Management: involves activities that ensure the safety and protection of clients and their consumers.
Associated Credit Services Inc (ACS) will ensure adequate protection for data processed or transferred between Associated Credit Services Inc (ACS) entities or vendors. Associated Credit Services Inc (ACS) entities will require external third party suppliers to comply with this Policy or to guarantee the same levels of protection as Associated Credit Services Inc (ACS) when handling this data. Such selected third parties will have access to this data solely for the purposes of performing the services specified in the applicable service contract. If Associated Credit Services Inc (ACS) concludes that a supplier is not complying with these obligations, it will promptly take appropriate actions to remedy such non-compliance or implement necessary sanctions.
Associated Credit Services Inc (ACS) may conduct compliance audits, or request copies of a third party audit (example: SOC II), of its relevant privacy practices to verify adherence to this policy.
Disclaimer of Liability
Associated Credit Services Inc (ACS) is providing this site and its contents on an “as is” basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its content. Likewise, Associated Credit Services Inc (ACS) disclaims any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, procedure, method, apparatus, product, or process posted on the site. Neither Associated Credit Services Inc (ACS) its employees, nor associates assumes any responsibility for loss or damages resulting from the use of information contained on this site.
Proprietary Rights and Trademarks
The text and images of people, products, or places displayed on this site are the property of either Associated Credit Services Inc (ACS), or its licensors. The use of these images and/or text by you, or anyone authorized by you, is prohibited unless you obtain the express, written permission of Associated Credit Services Inc (ACS). Any unauthorized use of these images and/or text may violate copyright laws, trademark and service mark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT OF 2018 (“CCPA”)
California residents (“you”, “your”) pursuant to the California Consumer
Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). This notice explains how Associated Credit
Services, Inc. (“we” “our” “us”) collects, uses and discloses personal
information. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in
You have the right to privacy and the right to
control your personal information. As a resident of California, the following
rights are ensured to you.
- The right to know what personal information is being collected about you
- The right to know whether your personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom
- The right to say no to the sale of personal information
- The right to access your personal information
- The right to equal service and price, even if you have exercised your privacy rights
Information We May Collect
We may collect and use personal information
that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being
associated with or could reasonably be directly or indirectly linked with a
particular consumer, device, or household (“personal information”).
Personal Information may include:
- Personal Identifiers such as name, alias, mailing address
- Personal Information such as name, signature, Social Security Number, date of birth, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license number, education, employment, employment history, financial information such as bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, medical or health insurance information
- Characteristics of protected classifications such as age, marital status, Veteran or Military status
- Internet Information such as IP address and interactions with our website
- Audio Information such as call recordings
- Account Information such as account numbers or account history, email address, income, expenses
- Payment Information such as bank routing and account number, credit card number, debit card number
- Skip Tracing Information such as information publicly available on social media websites, work history, place of employment, address, phone number
Personal Information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope
How Your Information is Collected
We may collect your personal information in
several ways and from several sources including:
- Directly from you or your authorized representative
- Our clients
- Public records
- Our vendors such as skip tracing, mailing and call analytics
Why Your Information is Collected
We may use or disclose personal information
that we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information
- To perform our services
- To provide you with information that you have requested from us
- To process payments
- To perform identity verification
- To perform auditing functions
- To respond to requests from law enforcement and as required by applicable law, court order, governmental regulations or legal process
- To protect the rights, property or safety of us or our clients
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA
Selling and Sharing of Personal Information
In the last twelve months your personal
information as described under the CCPA has not been sold by us. Your personal
information as described above may be disclosed for one or more business
- You or your authorized representative
- Our clients
- Our vendors
- Credit reporting agencies
Requests for Information
Under the CCPA you have the right to request
that we disclose certain information to you regarding our collection and use of
your personal information over the past twelve months preceding your request.
The following information will be disclosed to you after receipt and
confirmation of your verifiable consumer request:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which personal information is collected
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information
- The categories of third parties to which personal information was disclosed
- The specific pieces of personal information collected about you
note we are not required to retain any personal
information about you collected for a single one-time transaction if, in the
ordinary course of business, that information is not retained. We are also not
required to reidentify or otherwise link any data that, in the ordinary course
of business, is not maintained in a manner that would be considered personal
Requests for Deletion
Under the CCPA you are ensured the right to
request that we delete collected personal information and direct any service
providers to delete your personal information, unless an exemption exists under
the CCPA. A request for deletion may be denied for the following reasons:
- To complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract
- To detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity
- To debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- To exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise that consumer’s right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law
- To comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- To engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if you have provided informed consent
- To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of you based on your relationship with us
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information
Submitting a Verifiable Consumer Request
Only you or your authorized representative may
submit a verifiable consumer request. You may also make a verifiable consumer
request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable consumer
request twice within a twelve-month period.
You may submit a verifiable consumer request
by contacting Associated Credit Services, Inc. at toll-free number 1-800-962-9898
or by submitting a request on our website at https://www.payacs.com/contact-us/.
Your request must provide sufficient information to reasonably identify you and
must describe your request with sufficient detail to allow us to respond to
your request properly.
Within 45 days of receiving a verifiable
request from you we will disclose and deliver the required information to you
free of charge. If reasonably necessary, we may extend the time period to
provide the required information by up to 90 days. A notice will be provided to
you if an extension is necessary, together with the reason(s) for the delay.
If we do not take action on your request, we
will inform you, without delay and at the latest within the time period
permitted, of the reason(s) for not taking action and any rights you may have
to appeal our decision.
If requests from you are unfounded or excessive,
we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to act on the request and notify you
of the reason for refusing the request.
The required information will cover the twelve
month period preceding our receipt of the verifiable request and will be made
in writing and delivered by mail or electronically in a readily useable format
that allows you to transmit the information from one entity to another without
hindrance. We will not require you to create an account with us in order to
make a verifiable request.
Changes to this Disclosure
This disclosure may be changed or updated from
time to time. When this disclosure is changed or updated, we will post the
updated notice on this website and will update the effective date of the
ABOUT THIRD PARTY LINKS
Associated Credit Services, Inc. offers links to other third party websites that may be of interest to our website visitors. The links provided in our website are provided solely for your convenience and may assist you in locating other useful information on the Internet. When you click on these links you will leave the Associated Credit Services, Inc. website and will be redirected to another site. These sites are not under the control of Associated Credit Services, Inc.
Associated Credit Services, Inc. is not responsible for the content of linked third party websites. We are not an agent for these third parties nor do we endorse or guarantee their products. We make no representation or warranty regarding the accuracy of the information contained in the linked sites. We suggest that you always verify the information obtained from linked websites before acting upon this information.
Also, please be aware that the security and privacy policies on these sites may be different than Associated Credit Services, Inc. policies, so please read third party privacy and security policies closely.
If you have any questions or concerns about the products and services offered on linked third party websites, please contact the third party directly.
We are required under state law to notify customers of the following rights. This list does not contain a complete list of the rights consumers have under state and federal law.
This is an attempt to collect a debt. Any information obtained will be used for that purpose. This is a communication from a debt collector.
The state Rosenthal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act require that, except under unusual circumstances, collectors may not contact you before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m. They may not harass you by using threats of violence or arrest or by using obscene language. Collectors may not use false or misleading statements, or call you at work if they know or have reason to know that you may not receive personal calls at work. For the most part, collectors may not tell another person, other than your attorney or spouse, about your debt. Collectors may contact another person to confirm your location or enforce a judgment.
For more information about debt collection activities, you may contact the Federal Trade Commission at 1-877-FTC-HELP or www.ftc.gov.
As required by law, you are hereby notified that a negative credit report reflecting your credit record may be submitted to a credit reporting agency if you fail to fulfill the terms of your credit obligation. But we will not submit a negative credit report to a credit reporting agency about this credit obligation until the expiration of the time period described in our initial written communication to you which describes your right to request verification of debt.
FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE COLORADO FAIR DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICES ACT, SEE WWW.COLORADOATTORNEYGENERAL.GOV/CA.
A consumer has the right to request in writing that a debt collector or collection agency cease further communication with the consumer. A written request to cease communication will not prohibit the debt collector or collection agency from taking any other action authorized by law to collect the debt.
Our address in Colorado is: 1311 1 E. Briarwood Ave #340, Centennial, CO 80112. 303-309-3839. Our toll-free number is 1-800-962-9898.
Associated Credit Services Inc
Associated Credit Services Inc
Associated Credit Services Inc
NOTICE OF IMPORTANT RIGHTS
WE ARE REQUIRED BY REGULATION OF THE MASSACHUSETTS ATTORNEY GENERAL TO NOTIFY YOU OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION. THIS INFORMATION IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE: THIS DEBT MAY BE TOO OLD FOR YOU TO BE SUED ON IT IN COURT. IF IT IS TOO OLD, YOU CANNOT BE REQUIRED TO PAY IT THROUGH A LAWSUIT. TAKE NOTE: YOU CAN
RENEW THE DEBT AND THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS FOR THE FILING OF A LAWSUIT AGAINST YOU IF YOU DO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: MAKE ANY PAYMENT ON THE DEBT, SIGN A PAPER IN WHICH YOU ADMIT THAT YOU OWE THE DEBT OR IN WHICH YOU MAKE A NEW PROMISE TO PAY; SIGN A PAPER IN WHICH YOU GIVE UP OR WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO STOP THE CREDITOR FROM SUING YOU IN COURT TO COLLECT THE DEBT. WHILE THIS DEBT MAY NOT BE ENFORCEABLE THROUGH A LAWSUIT, IT MAY STILL AFFECT YOUR ABILITY TO OBTAIN CREDIT OR AFFECT YOUR CREDIT SCORE OR RATING.
Associated Credit Services Inc.
Associated Credit Services Inc.
This collection agency is licensed by the Minnesota Department of Commerce.
We are required by New Mexico Attorney General Rule to notify you of the following information. This information is not legal advice:
This debt may be too old for you to be sued on it in court. If it is too old, you can’t be required to pay it through a lawsuit.
You can renew the debt and start the time for the filing of a lawsuit against you to collect the debt if you do any of the following: make any payment of the debt; sign a paper in which you admit that you owe the debt or in which you make a new promise to pay; sign a paper in which you give up (“waive”) your right to stop the debt collector from suing you in court to collect the debt.
NEW YORK CITY
This collection agency is licensed by the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs; License # 0932237
North Carolina Permit #3766
This collection agency is licensed by The Collection Service Board of the Department of Commerce and Insurance
As required by Utah law, you are hereby notified that a negative credit report reflecting your credit record may be submitted to a credit reporting agency if you fail to fulfill the terms of your credit obligations. We will not submit a negative credit report to a credit reporting agency about this credit obligation until the expiration of the time period described in our initial written communication to you which describes your right to request verification of this debt.
ASSOCIATED CREDIT SERVICES, INC. DBA ASSOCIATED CREDIT SERVICES OF MASSACHUSETTS, INC.
Associated Credit Services Inc
This collection agency is licensed by the Division of Banking in the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions, www.wdfi.org
ACCEPT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I have read and accept these terms and conditions. By clicking I accept you will be directed to ACS’s Consumer Web Portal.
If you DO NOT ACCEPT these terms and conditions click, we cannot do business with you though this site unless it is on our terms. Please feel free to contact us directly toll-free at 1-800-962-9898. A representative will be happy to assist you.